What month is it is a good question? It’s only the beginning of September and there are already Christmas cookies and the lot in grocery stores. Some retailers have lost track of time again and are trying to push us into the Christmas season whether we like it or not.
What happened to Halloween or Thanksgiving? Or have the just been erased from the calendar and we jump right to Christmas regardless of what calendar month it is?
I am a person who likes Christmas cookies and candy when the Christmas season is really there. And what about toddlers or small kids who may still believe in Santa Claus and then they go to the grocery store with their parents and see Christmas cookies and the lot. I would think the poor kids get confused and then their parents have to think of something to say to calm the child down and convince them that they have to wait a couple of months before the jolly old man in the red suit comes down the chimney.
Though I guess in this fast paced world things have to go faster, seasons fly by in a blink of the eye and the year goes by in 2 weeks…… There seems to be a lack of enjoying each season as it comes and so everything is going faster and faster. When is this acceleration of seasons going to stop? Life now-a-days is so fast paced that you have no time to really enjoy the seasons and the celebrations like in the past.
I can see it now in September:
- Buy my turkey – will be served on the 30th of September – hope all my family and friends have time or else I will scream!
- Set up my artificial Christmas tree and decorate it on the coming weekend – Don’t want to get left behind now and maybe buy a bit of artificial snow to give the whole thing the right touch.
- Decorate my house – inside & out – then I’ll be the first on my block and am ready for what’s to come… I love Christmas in September!!
- Get those Christmas CD’S out – I need the right music now to because it’s a tad too warm outside at the moment.
- I am ready for Christmas and it can come now ….. I am relieved that I could manage all this and now I am not stressed!!
So, then by the time the real Christmas comes I can then put all that stuff away in the attic and get out my Easter bunny decorations , and so this way I am always on the ball , and am keeping abreast of the latest seasonal retail items that I’ll find in the grocery store or someplace else. Wow, I think this will be a turning point in my life this year, because now I know what to do.
We need to take time to enjoy each season as it comes and not get carried away on the retail bandwagon of trying to convince us that we need Christmas food and such now.