Now here’s an eye opener. The happiness agency; how this operates I have no idea but I am sure that it will bring happiness to hundreds of people who visit it – hopefully ??????
Sure happiness is many different things and we all have different ideas as to how we are happy or will be happy. But an agency to help me be happy …. WOW!!! How can they do that???
Here it is: I am standing there with my number ( very important… don’t want to butt- ahead of anyone would I?) dreaming of how I will be happier.. I am happy or at least I thought I was, but then again I may be side tracked with my happiness thoughts and not have the right kind of happy thoughts.
What makes me and my guy happy??? Well lots of things my list could circle globe if I wrote them all down. Isn’t the saying” it’s the simple things in life that make us happy”. Ok, that is passé´- the thought we need is to be modern up-to-date and keep with the times no more old fashioned happy thoughts about simple things….. I need modern thinking, so what is modern happiness???
After pondering a bit on this questions and phoning around to a couple of my gal friends we came up with some ideas… ok, it’s our point of view and not the rest of the worlds view, but then again I haven’t the time to question everyone. So, sorry when I didn’t ask you, and please don’t be upset with me. Thank you!
Modern happiness could be:
1. Having a new cell phone so I can contact the world and be online to tell everyone that I just bought my phone…. Happiness – for how long???
2. New shoes – wow they look good and I only spent a month’s salary on them, but I’m worth it… Aren’t I or did I have some bills to pay???
3. A vacation …. Now that can bring happiness but it only lasts as long as no one gets into argument, but otherwise we’re having a great time… I am happy!!!
4. New watch – as long as one of my friends don’t go out and buy a more expensive model then I have… Then I’m not happy
5. New handbag – Life at its best for a gal and nothing can hold her back as long as she is carrying her new handbag with her or until an acquaintance buys an up-graded model! Life can be so painful when it comes to handbags….
It seems modern happiness is only attached to buying stuff and not to the inner happiness that we once knew or has that disappeared somehow through the years? I think it’s important to be happy but I don’t need an agency to help me be happy. I can be happy myself and I bet those other people could be too, if they wanted to and made an effort; instead of worrying about how can I spend my money and then I will be happy.
Have a happy day and remember it doesn’t cost a cent to smile…. That’s what so great about them!!!