It seems that recently where ever you turn you can read something about the menacing effects of menopause on women. It seems as if it is a disease and not something that happens to every woman on earth. Or is it that guys write those articles about gals going through the change of life??? Maybe they should be in our shoes and see how it really is and I am sure then they may understand us better….. Or at least I hope so.
Though when you list all the side effects; some I think have been with me for years even before that stage of life struck…. That I think my guy can confirm.
I’ll make a little humorous list here just in case everyone reading isn’t up-to-date on the symptoms:
1. Forgetfulness – What’s that??? I’ve had it for years and it has nothing to do with getting older !
2. Hot flashes – Please wear a sweater at our place in the winter, because I feel like it is about 80°F and my guy is sitting here reading the news paper and ice sickles are forming on his face.. Hot not at our place!
3. Mood swings – Me, never and why the h… are you looking at me like that? I’m always calm and cool no matter what!
4. Sudden tears – really great when something has gone wrong. Now I can cry automatically and everyone thinks – oh it’s just her age!!! The wonders of the body
5. Difficulty concentrating – great if you are in a boring meeting at work. No worries because you won’t remember what was said anyways!
6. Confusion – Where the heck am I? At home or at work? Help……
7. Headache- Not tonight dear.. I’m in that phase of life.
8. Weight gain- Ate tooooo much over Christmas , so what has that got to do with age????
So now all you gals out there know what to expect and guys you know what your gal may experience, so enjoy the change of life because it can be an adventure for everyone!