Love – What is love? A good question if you ask me, ok, you didn’t. But I got wondering about the word “love” and its meaning and what does it mean to people.
Yes, tomorrow is the big “I love you” day. But even after reading all the definitions of the word love and what scientists say love is. I am still wondering about the word……
I asked some of my friends what the word “love” meant and I got many answers to my question and it didn’t always have to do with a relationship with someone. Love spread far and wide and wasn’t limited to another human. So, what is “love” if it doesn’t only have to do with another human????
• enjoying a meal – I loved that
• a movie – I loved that movie
• the beach – I love the beach
• a glass of wine – I love this wine
• a beer – I love beer ( didn’t want to leave the beer drinks out)
• my car – I love my car ( how true in our house- who/ what does my guy love more- me or the car???)
• a walk – I love to take a walk
• a book – I loved reading that book
• coffee – I just love this coffee
• cell phone – I love my cell phone ( would be lost without it!)
• a day out – I just loved our day out
• my shoes- I love my new shoes ( gals – I couldn’t forget us)
Those are soooooo many things with the word “love” and it seems that we really never think about how often we use the word “love” and that it doesn’t have to do with real love… It’s just a saying or a use of words in a sentence with the word “love”, but do we really mean it when we say “love” in those sentences????
Maybe the word “love” should be reconsidered and then I would really know what “love” is? Because it seems this word cannot be pinpointed to a definite thing or person…… Love is everywhere.
Take time for “love” and not only for that one day a year but every day and maybe “love” can be enjoyed then in all its aspects….. Love is a great word!!